Swattherascals
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Swattherascals

Real News for Real People. Grassroots on the issues and ending corrupt governance.

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Brownback, Paul Spar Over Just War Theory

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Judy
Admin

Brownback, Paul Spar Over Just War Theory Empty
PostSubject: Brownback, Paul Spar Over Just War Theory   Brownback, Paul Spar Over Just War Theory Icon_minipostedWed Sep 19, 2007 6:38 pm

Quote :
The Values Voters Presidential Debate on Monday featured an exchange between two GOP presidential candidates who have very divergent views of what constitutes a "just war." Congressman Ron Paul (R-Texas) argued the U.S. military presence in Iraq is "un-Christian," arguing that Jesus would not approve of the conflict because he is the "Prince of Peace."

"I get to my God through Christ. Christ to me is a man of peace; he is for peace, he's not for war," says Paul. "He doesn't justify pre-emptive, declared war. I strongly believe that there is a Christian doctrine of just war, and I believe this nation has drifted from that. No matter what the rationales are, we have drifted from that -- and it is very, very dangerous."

Back to top Go down
https://texanssavingtexas.forumotion.com
USAPatriot

USAPatriot

Brownback, Paul Spar Over Just War Theory Empty
PostSubject: Re: Brownback, Paul Spar Over Just War Theory   Brownback, Paul Spar Over Just War Theory Icon_minipostedWed Sep 19, 2007 9:11 pm

Furthering the conversation:

Senator Sam Brownback (R-Kansas) took issue with Paul's assertion saying that he too votes for peace. "But I also vote for the protection of life, and I vote for the strength of America, and I vote for our place in the world. That this is a key country, and it's a country that's standing up to Islamic fascism, and it's a country that is standing up for the rights of individuals, and I think there is a just war that's going on in Iraq," says Brownback. "And I think that that is definable, and I think that is something that we should stand for." But if Sen. Brownback is honest, he would admit that isn't why we went to war there. But to give him the benefit of a doubt, maybe he just doesn't know.

Meantime, Congressman Tom Tancredo (R-Colorado) said President Bush is incorrect to keep using the phrase "War on Terror." According to Tancredo, Bush should instead admit it is a "war on radical Islam."
Since when is that our business? According to Ron Paul, we brought 9-11 on ourselves by being where we had no business being. Shocked
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1